Job Title: PUBLIC SERVICE AIDE (PSA)
General Description: Indian Creek Village Public Safety Department is looking for a Public Service Aide to become an integral part of the Police Department's mission. This position requires a multi-functional, computer literate, highly motivated, and highly dedicated individual. The PSA will be responsible for operating a highly sophisticated Access Control center, radio dispatching, data processing, answering phones, and providing support for police operations.
CLICK HERE to fill out an application and submit it to the Village Clerk at Indian Creek - 9080 Bay Drive, Indian Creek, FL 33154 or call for directions at 305-865-4121.
The deadline for application is June 23rd, 2022.
Type of Position: FULL TIME - Hours per Week: 40 - NON-EXEMPT
Work Experience/ Requirements:
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) / Associates degree is a plus.
Individuals with military background are encouraged to apply. Indian Creek Village is committed to providing Veterans Preference to all United States veterans, their spouses, and family members, who are eligible for the preference with regard to hiring, promotion, and retention.
Job Related Requirements:
• Strong organizational and communication skills (written and oral)
• Must possess exceptional customer skills, and be friendly, confident & personable
• Knowledge of Public Safety components with an emphasis in Security
• Knowledge of computers, data, word processing, and how a network functions.
• Remains vigilant at his/her post to detect unauthorized persons attempting to enter and exit the Indian Creek Village Community and take appropriate action.
• Receives telephone, radio calls, and mechanical alarm signals for police, fire, or medical emergency services.
• Dispatches police vehicles by radio, receives and transmits orders and instructions using appropriate code language to police officers at the scene of an emergency.
• Enters data into computer system for record keeping.
• Retrieves data from computer system and assists in preparation of court information files and case incident reports and prepares files and records.
• Performs related administrative-clerical duties as required.
• The member will thoroughly and accurately complete, update, submit required reports/documents/forms, complete, update, and submit or forward all required reports, documents, and forms to the appropriate authority/personnel in a timely manner pursuant
• The member is on time for and attends pre shift briefings, recording all pertinent information and directives, and providing superiors and colleagues with job/shift related information from prior shifts and or upcoming events.
• The member provides effective and efficient assistance/information to the public in accordance with agency policies.
• Once hired, must attend, and pass the State 911 Operator certification.
***Indian Creek Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer***